This morning I woke up extra early to get a good workout in before work, and on my way back I began to brainstorm what I would have for breakfast. Hmmm…Nutella and toast?…fruit and yogurt?...a nice cup of coffee for sure…AH HA! Ive got it! I combined some of these delicious elements into one thick, creamy, rather healthy shake, and I was ready to get my day started! The Greek yogurt and banana in this shake gives it a great thick texture along with that wonderful protein your body needs, and that Nutella…oh that Nutella…it adds that sweet, chocolaty, nutty flavor to the shake, along with some calcium. I add a hint of instant coffee to this drink to give me a nice energy boost! This shake couldn’t be easier to make and truly filled me up! A great meal replacement!
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tablespoon of Plain Greek Yogurt (0% fat or 2% fat is best. I used Fage brand)
- ½ a Banana
- ½ Cup Skim Milk
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon of Nutella
- A handful of Ice Cubes
- ½ Teaspoon Instant Coffee Grounds
- Drizzle of Honey
- Put all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!