As I have discussed in my previous blog post, it is fig season, and I just can’t help but purchase a box every time I walk past the fruit stand on the corner. The sweet, honey-like smell they give off when they are ripe, can put one in a state of trance. After a long workout this morning I started rummaging through the cabinets for something healthy to eat for breakfast. My friends and family can tell you that I don’t just have a sweet tooth, I’ve got sweet teeth…I just love sweets especially in the morning when I wake up and at night before bed (probably not the best habit). What’s great about figs and honey, is they have natural sugars, so you’re still satisfying your cravings but not negatively effecting your health. This super simple recipe can be eaten for breakfast, a lite lunch, or even as a dessert, because that is how delicious it tastes! Go Fig-ure!
It is as simple as this-
Serves 1 Person-
- ¾ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt (I use 0% fat Fage brand)
- 3-4 Black Mission Figs (quartered)
- 1 - 1 1/2 Tablespoons Slivered Almonds (as much as you prefer)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- A Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- A Drizzle of Honey
- Place Greek Yogurt in a bowl.
- Top it with the sliced Figs and Slivered Almonds
- Evenly sprinkle the Cinnamon and Orange Zest over the top.
- Drizzle the honey over the top.
- Enjoy and then lick the bowl clean…