It has been a while since I posted a scrumptious sweet treat! Now that summer is almost here, you are going to need some good portable snacks to bring with you to the beach or on long car rides! Ive said this before, but one of my all time favorite flavor combinations is peanut butter and chocolate..I mean unless you are allergic to peanuts, everyone pretty much loves that combo. When I was at school at Penn State University, tailgating season was a huge production. Picture 100,000 people flooding the parking lots surrounding the stadium enjoying some cold brewskis and lots and lots of delicious foods. A popular tailgating snack was “Puppy Chow” or “Muddy Buddies” which is chocolate and peanut butter coated Chex cereal. It is so yummy and so addicting, I can eat it by the pounds. I decided to give Puppy Chow a salty sweet twist and replace the Chex with Goldfish Pretzels. Goldfish pretzels are just fish shaped pretzels that are the perfect size for snacking! Now take a salty crunch pretzel shaped fish and coat it with peanut butter and chocolate..come on now its the bomb.
- 1 & 1/3 Bags of Goldfish Pretzels
- 1/2 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups Confectioners Sugar
- Pour the Pretzel Goldfish into a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a microwavable bowl and microwave for a minute. Stir and microwave again in 15 second increments until the mixture is completely smooth and the butter and chips are melted. Remove from microwave and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the chocolate peanut butter mixture over the Pretzel Goldfish.
- Using a rubber spatula carefully mix everything together and get all the Goldfish coated in the chocolate mixture. Be careful not to break up the Pretzels.
- Pour the coated Goldfish into a large Ziploc bag and pour in the confectioners sugar.
- Zip the bag closed and shake it until everything is well coated and the Goldfish separate from each other. If they are all too stuck together add a little more confectioners sugar and shake more. Note: Some with be stuck together..don’t worry that just means you can eat more at one time :)
- Spread the fish onto a sheet pan covered with foil or wax paper and let it dry out for about an hour. You can eat it right away, but I prefer to let it cool a little.
- Seal in a container or a plastic bag and you are good to go!!