I love to pair some of my richer and meatier entrees with very light, fresh sides . I want my side dishes to compliment the key component of the dish rather than overshadow it, and that is exactly what this salad does. My crispy, vinegary Cucumber Salad tingles the taste buds like a fresh pickle from your favorite deli. The pleasantly acidic flavors seem to cleanse your palate as you enjoy your meal. As an added plus, there are barely any calories in this dish!
- 3 Cups of Thinly Sliced Cucumbers (Paper thin! Use a mandolin if you have one)
- 1/3 Cup Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- 3 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill Finely Chopped
- In a medium bowl stir together the Cucumbers, Red Onion and Dill.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the Vinegar, Dijon, and Honey.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumber mixture and toss to coat each cucumber.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour (or overnight) to allow the cucumbers to marinate and pick up the wonderful flavors of the dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!