This dish is inspired by my childhood obsession, frogs, and my favorite fruit, peaches! There is nothing quite like a warm, succulent grilled peach combined with the contrasting flavors of an icy cold scoop of Green Tea Ice Cream. Of course you can use any Ice Cream flavor you like, but the Green Tea has such a unique, earthy flavor that is mildly sweet, which compliments the sweetness and freshness of the ripened peaches.
- 2 Ripe Peaches
- ¼ Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Green Tea Ice Cream (I love Ciao Bella Gelato)
(Feeds about 3 People)
- Slice the Peaches into wedges and place them into a bowl
- Mix the Brown Sugar and Vanilla in with the Peaches and toss them around until they are fully coated.
- Let the Peaches sit in the sugar mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Put your grill pan on the stove on medium high heat (or heat up your outdoor grill).
- Grill the peaches for about 4 minutes on each side or until they start to caramelize and have nice grill marks. You want them to be warm throughout. Make sure you set aside the extra Brown Sugar Syrup left in the bowl.
- Place a few slices of Peaches in each bowl and top them with a nice big scoop of Green Tea Ice Cream.
- Drizzle the extra Brown Sugar & Vanilla Syrup over the top of the Ice Cream.