Who doesn't love juicy, bright summer fruits on a warm, sunny day? This salad is super simple to make, but the flavors and presentation are incredibly impressive and eye-catching. The earthy, peppery taste of the arugula and olive oil mixed with the natural sweetness of the watermelon and the briny bite from the Goat feta cheese is simply perfection. Forget about that bland, mixed green salad or that boring Caesar, and give this a try! Like what you see? Like what you taste? #GotRoomForMore on Twitter and send me a pic of the Got Room For More recipes you try!
- 2.5 ounces of Baby Arugula
- 1.5 lbs Seedless Watermelon cut into 1.5 inch cubes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- .25 lbs Goat Feta cut into small cubes (about ¼ inch thick)
- 1 Cup of Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes (orange, yellow, green and red to bring out color)
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut tomatoes in half if they're very small and quarter them if they are on the larger side, and put them into a large bowl
- Put the balsamic in a small nonstick pan on the stove on medium heat. Cook for a few minutes until it bubbles and turns into the consistency of chocolate syrup.
- Set aside to cool slightly while to do the next steps
- Toss together the arugula, watermelon, and feta in the bowl with the tomatoes
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the top to taste
- Drizzle 3 or so tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the top and toss with salad tongs (you may want more or less..eyeball it. The juice from the melon also acts as part of the dressing so you do not want to over dress it).
- Drizzle the balsamic over the top and toss lightly
- Serve on its own or as a side or starter course